The project aims to study the culturally appropriate and sustainable habitat planning of the Innu communities of Nitassinan and the Inuit communities of Nunavik. It will consider the Northern Native habitat by examining the aspects that give it meaning: the communities, the living environments and governance. The partnership's goal is to implement a participative, interdisciplinary and inter-sectorial research framework with and for Innu and Inuit communities; and to mix native knowledge with that of various fields related to living enviornment planning. By bringing together these two native communities, the partnership aims to have this meeting be an occasion for mutual cooperation and learning that will facilitate engagement, expression and sharing of their respective visions. It also aims to start a converstion involving all the stakeholders who have pertinent knowledge for improving Innu and Inuit communities.
- Conseil tribal Mamuitun;
- Innu Takuaikan Uashat mak Mani-Utenam;
- Musée Shaputuan.
- Kativik Regional Government;
- Kativik Municipal Housing Bureau;
- Saturviit, Inuit Women's association of Nunavik.
Public and professional organizations:
- Quebec Housing Society;
- Musée de la civilisation du Québec;
- FGMDA architectes;
- ABCP architecture;
- DMG architecture;
- Groupe A/ Annexe U;
- Hatem + D;
- Marc Blouin Architecte;
- First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Health and Social Services Commission;
- École de technologie supérieure.
- Geneviève Vachon, Université Laval
- Thierry Rodon, Université Laval;
- Michel Allard, Université Laval;
- Samuel Bernier-Lavigne, Université Laval;
- Vlkram Bhatt, McGill University;
- Myriam Blais, Université Laval;
- André Casault, Université Laval;
- Pierre Côté, Université Laval;
- Philippe Dahan, INSA de Strasbourg;
- Caroline Desbiens, Université Laval;
- Gérard Duhaime, Université Laval;
- Patrick Evans, Université du Québec à Montréal;
- Louis Piccon, INSA de Strasbourg;
- Denise Piché, Université Laval;
- Mylène Riva, Université Laval;
- Florence Rudolf, INSA de Strasbourg;
- Marie-Ève Vaillancourt, Cégep de Sept-Îles.